Privacy at Abridge is about empowering people.
Abridge is a company founded by patients, doctors, researchers, and technologists. We believe that patients should have the power to control their health information through technology. Patients should also be an equal partner in relationships with their care providers.
We leverage groundbreaking technologies to help people remember the important details from their health conversations, so they can better follow their care plan. With more context and understanding of medical conversations, we hope to help everyone achieve better health outcomes.
How Abridge protects your privacy
These five Privacy Principles guide all decisions we make as we build and improve Abridge:
- You own and control when your data is collected and how it is shared. We only collect and share personal health data with your consent. We use privacy by design principles to limit the data we collect and to give you notice in the App when you have choices to share data.
- You can change your mind. You can delete recordings or your account at any time.
- We never sell personal data. We want to be clear on this point. We don’t have a business model that includes making money from selling your identifiable data.
- Anonymized Data is better. Any research and development is performed on de-identified health data or external data sets that are acquired with patient consent. If we have an opportunity to include your personal data in our research, we will request your consent before we do so.
- Data Security is not a trade-off. You trust us to keep your data secure and that guides everything we build. Because of that, we apply HIPAA security standards to all health data we collect.
Ready to get more from your conversations?
Get in touch, and we'll show you a real-time demo.