Mission Daybreak Winner Showcase
The gathering was to discuss ""Mission Daybreak"", a suicide prevention challenge launched by the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Department of Veterans Affairs requested ideas on how to reduce suicides among veterans by using open innovation. Over 1,300 teams submitted concepts for digital tools, community programs, transitional assistance, community connections, and more. The most promising ideas were awarded a total of $20 million in prizes to aid their development. Five start-ups shared their suicide prevention innovations:
1. NeuroFlow: An app that helps to identify patients with mental health conditions, risk stratifies them and coordinates their care.
2. Reflex AI: A training software for clinicians to optimise patient interaction in crises.
3. Event Health: Uses group therapy digitally to reduce wait times and costs associated with mental health treatment.
4. Game Change: A virtual reality exposure therapy program that treats the fear of public and social places.
5. Virtual Storytelling Circles: Offers culturally appropriate mental health treatments for Native American veterans.
The program provides resources and mentorship opportunities to connect innovative solutions with the VA's mental health services. All teams are working towards the goal of preventing suicide and improving the overall mental health of veterans.