At Abridge, we encourage understanding and follow-through across every medical conversation – both inside and outside of the doctor’s office. The Abridge Community is a safe space to share health related stories and get support from other Abridge users. You may have a chronic condition or simply care about your health, or you may be a caregiver or loved one of someone who goes to the doctor. No matter who you are, our wish is for you to learn, connect with each other, and feel less alone by listening to each other’s experiences.
Community Guidelines. There are a few general rules of thumb to keep in mind to help us keep things safe and enjoyable for everyone within the Community.
Recording Guidelines. We use audio as our channel for the Community. Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind to ensure quality recordings:
- Speak clearly.
- Record in a quiet area.
- Place your phone close to you, without obstruction.
Practice Radical Empathy. “Don’t judge a person until you’ve walked a mile in their shoes.” Treat others as they would like to be treated, and actively consider other experiences and points of view when participating in the community. We hope this goes without saying, but please make sure everything you share is well-intentioned, kind, respectful, supportive, and relevant. This is a safe space to share your experiences, highs and lows, openly and honestly without shame or fear of judgment.
Harassment or bullying of any kind will not be tolerated, and can result in your removal from the community.
Personal Pledge. The Abridge Community is a place where you can share authentic stories, listen to each other’s health experiences, and make a real difference in other member’s lives. As an Abridge Community member, you promise to:
- Participate with respect, honesty, and in the spirit of supporting and learning from other members in the community.
- Be authentic and genuine. Your experiences are accepted and respected, and you’ll encourage other members regardless of their condition, medical choices, race, age, disability, education, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, or socio-economic status.
- Offer support to other members of the community.
- Offer medical advice. Sharing your individual health experience is allowed. Telling others how to treat their health condition is not. You should always consult a healthcare professional if considering changing your medication or treatment or in case of an emergency.
- Publish irrelevant stories. The Community is a place where members can find answers to questions they have. Sharing irrelevant information undermines the experience.
- Publish threatening stories that can be perceived as bullying or harassing.
- Publish promotionals. Anything that could be construed as spammy or promotional will be removed.
- Swear, discriminate, harass, bully, or use offensive language.
Moderation & Violations
Moderation Timelines. Before your story appears on Abridge, we moderate it. In most circumstances, you can expect your audio submission to be moderated by the same business day (if you sent it before 5pm EST) or the following business day (if you sent it after hours), with the exception of holidays. You can check the status of your answer at any time by navigating to the question and tapping the “My answer” button in the top right corner of the screen. If you have been waiting over 5 business days for your story to be moderated, without hearing from us, please contact our Community Moderation team at email@example.com.
Violations. We reserve the right to reject any inappropriate or irrelevant posts, as well as poor audio quality. We may also reject your post if your display name includes offensive language. If your post is rejected, you can edit and update for resubmission. Flagrant violations and consistent submissions that do not abide by the Community guidelines will result in removal from the Community.
How to report an incident. If you feel someone has violated the guidelines or is otherwise behaving in a way that you find inappropriate, please report the behavior in the app by clicking in the triple dot in the top right corner of the relevant answer, or reach out to the Community Moderation team. The Community administrators will investigate the offense and take action if appropriate. If you are found in violation of the Guidelines, the Community administrators may take appropriate action, which could include a warning, deletion of the offending audio, or removal from the Community.
By participating in the Community, you agree that Abridge has full usage rights to share your responses, included but not limited to social media and website.